Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Flowers

Our fence is progressing, although unwinding 200m of tangled high tensile wire took all morning, I had to hold ends whilst Rob unwound the mixed up loops. It was like the worst puzzle you can imagine, anyway it's done!

I've been rearranging lilies in the garden beds, grouping them by colour. Although we actually planted two beds with box cuttings for the edge of my beds and another with garlic and shallots so I can't quite put them in their final places. It's getting there and I've dug out a big plan I made of it all, it will be a like a colour wheel. I'm starting to get excited about buying some other plants in the new year.

So a few pics of the yellow lily that started this week and another of those purple zantedescias.

7 comments:

Phoebe said...

Those Callas are jaw droppingly stunning!

Sarah B said...

What great contrasting colours! The purple thingamies are fabulous! I have a pink one but it hasn't managed flowers yet. Maybe next year.
Enjoy your cheese and have a great weekend!

Melissah from Country Style Chic said...

Love the gorgeous lilies - how lucky to have those growing in your garden...no need for a florist!
x
Melissah

Allana said...

Your colour wheel idea sounds amazing! Love the lilys and that purple is stunning!

fourleaves said...

Beautiful flowers. I have not started a garden at my house yet. I look forward when wee too have a fence up - then I will begin putting in shrubs and flowers.

P.S. The dove garland is from Oxfam. It has inspired me to make some for our tree.

My Secret Rooms said...

Gorgeous! I envy you your summertime, a little! Enjoy it to the max, please ;-)
We finally had some snow today - that's something! Right in time for Christmas!

ally said...

those purple callas are divine...so regal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...