Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vignettes from the Hobart airport

I waited.
I listened to visitors bemoan the service.
I stood in a line for 2.5 hours.
I watched a quarantine dog disgrace himself inside.
They kept promising just another hour.
The engineer needs to fly in from Melbourne, or Sydney.
He needs to flush the fuel system and see if it's still leaking.
The last delay was one too many.
I haven't felt well all day, and now I have a headache.
I just gave up after spending 8 hours in our pokey little domestic airport.
I wanted my husband, my puppies, my bed in my hut.
Goodnight Hobart domestic airport. I hope I don't see you again for awhile.

6 comments:

Sarah B said...

Wowsers, I think I would have gone crazy. Though, that is rather amusing about the sniffer dog. How cute are they?

Unknown said...

Eight hours is just insane. INSANE. I am not surprised you have up and went home.

Good old Hobart International Airport. I never could work out where the international flights supposedly came from or went to.

G said...

You kidding me. Unbelievable. What a waste of time, i'm surprised you waited that long. Canberra can be painful as well as we get low cloud in winter but your experience is crazy!

Little Nan said...

Oh no! Waiting would have been terrible....nothing worse! You poor thing! A few hours you can amuse yourself but '8!!' Ridiculous!!!

Jo said...

Thats ridiculous, you would have to feel sorry for people stuck there with small children!

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

Such craziness! You poor thing. Our friends missed their flight to Sydney today as well - they were off to see Lady Gaga for his birthday tonight so they are far from happy :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...