Sunday, May 12, 2013

19/52






"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Maggie: her first cuddle with her Nan.
Elisabeth: it is beautiful to see how happy the girls are when they are cuddled and loved by our family.

Last week the girls reserved their smiles for us. This week when my parents and brother visited, and on our trip up North for a Mother's Day surprise visit to Rob's Mother, the girls started smiling at our family. Perhaps they can sense how much they all love them?


We had a quiet first Mother's Day at the hut. A mini sleep in, pancakes in bed, snuggling babies, thoughtful gifts, a lazy lunch and a chocolate and date cake for dessert. I am just so grateful I can celebrate today with my daughters at home. 

I wish all my readers who are mothers a happy day today. I did once naively think becoming a mother was the easy bit, but over the last year I have experienced the yearning to be a mother and faced the very real possibility of losing my babies. So today I also think of women who struggle with infertility, have suffered through a miscarriage or still birth, or have lost their baby or child later in life. I imagine they wish for the opportunity to love that wee dream baby or the chance to hold their precious child again, and today might be a hard day for them to bear. I hope they still feel loved and valued as a Mother. xxx

5 comments:

Jane said...

Oh sweet Marian. You have been very much in my thoughts today, Lovely. I am incredibly happy for you. Wait until next year! It will be a lot crazier. J x

Holli said...

What beautiful smiles your girls have.

It's lovely to see how far your adorable girls have come.

Happy first mothers day. x

nat @ natalia familia said...

Such squidgy babies and lovely smiles as well. Sounds like you had a really nice Mother's day. x

ellerampling said...

Your little girls are divine. Wishing you the happiest of Mother's Days x

Rachael said...

Those girls... xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...