Monday, September 16, 2013

37/52


"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013"

Maggie: I love her crazy smile, and spend most of my time with her trying to make her smile. Innocent enough, but every so often I have a flash back to the NICU, and how unhappy she was. Two of our favourite NICU nurses visited for morning tea on Saturday and they couldn't believe Maggie's transformation. She is still infamous for her indignant, angry cry - a fighter even before she was born. I remember my own tears as I held her and realised I couldn't make her happy: she wanted to be free of tubes and needles and she would let everyone know that. If her nappy was even remotely damp she would rattle her humidicrib with her cries until it was changed. To see her now it's hard to believe she's the same baby.
Elisabeth: they know to look at the phone/camera?!

They marked their 9 months this past week. 

Linking up with Jodi at Che and Fidel


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Both are so beautifully gorgeous! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...